Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cultivating a Thankful Heart- Daily New Life

 photo anigifjoyful_zpsec2657bd.gif Daily New Life


Cultivating a Thankful Heart

The great English writer G. K. Chesterton once wrote, “You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swim¬ming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing, and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.”  
Wow! What a reminder! There’s no doubt in my mind that I could give thanks more often. We set aside meal time, Sunday mornings, and my favorite holiday; Thanksgiving. But, don’t let an hour go by without giving thanks . . . for your work, school, kids, health, your spouse, your blessings and your challenges.  
When you have a God-awareness about life and when you see and sense Him in your day (in the big things and the little things), it’s hard not to be thankful.
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”  -William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)

No comments:

Post a Comment