Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Step out in Faith - Christ’s Commission Fellowship

 photo anigifSOF_zpsf85a6549.gif
Step out in Faith - Christ’s Commission Fellowship


Philippians 4:11-13
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.”

Without Limbs - Without Limits
Imagine a limbless man being the hands and feet of Jesus. Nick Vujicic is that man. Born without arms or legs, he has traveled the world proclaiming Jesus’ love. Hundreds of thousands have placed their trust in Jesus and will go to heaven because of his witness. If God can use a man without arms and legs, then He can certainly use you, if you are willing.

The Joy of the Lord
Nick prayed to have arms and legs when he was a child. He thought that having hands and feet will give him joy. But he didn’t get his miracle.

At 10, Nick became depressed and tried to commit suicide to end his misery. However, the thought of hurting his parents who love him unconditionally that kept him from taking his life.
Like Nick, we all also go through trials and tribulations. We experience brokenness and sometimes even depression.

Nick’s encouragement to us is to not let our brokenness define our future. We are not to let our circumstances define our joy. Often we think that we will be joyful if we have this or that. But Jesus is the only true source of joy.

We may be praying for a miracle, a cure for cancer or other disease. Sometimes God does not give us that miracle. But if we know Jesus, we should not fear death. Nick looks forward to going to heaven and so should we! It is where Jesus is. In heaven, there is no more death, pain, tears or sickness.

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
Do not believe the lies of the devil. You are not accidents. You are beautiful! You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God! Our Father God is the King of kings. His children are princes and princesses. We can be confident that God works all things for the good of His children (Rom. 8:28).
God has plans to prosper us and not to harm us (Jer. 29:11). “Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles…” (Isa. 41:31) That is what Nick has experienced. Nick may not be able to walk, but he soars on eagle’s wings because God is with him.

Let God speak to us in His word. Do not be too BUSY – Being Under Satan’s Yoke. God is our first priority. After God, our family is our priority. Ministry should not be above your family.
Do not be so busy trying to provide for your family that you neglect them. Your family does not need an excellent provider; they need a spiritual leader who trusts in the Provider. Model the Heavenly Father who is patient, kind and gentle in loving and forgiving His children.

No one can deny that Nick is God’s miracle. He is a testament that a man without arms and legs can be an amazing example of the joy of the Lord empowering us. He understands now that God did not give him the arms and legs that he prayed for when he was a child so that God’s work might be displayed in him (Jn. 9:1-3).

Nick asked for a miracle, but God’s plans for him are better than the miracle that he prayed for. In spite of his condition, God uses Nick to win thousands of lives for Jesus. And because of his condition, people see that there is hope in Jesus.

If you don’t get a miracle, you can still be a miracle to someone else in the hands of the Lord. – Nick Vujicic
You can only do this when you have a personal and intimate relationship with the Lord. If you do not have this relationship with Jesus, you can pray the following prayer to know Him, experience His forgiveness, and receive His gift of eternal life. That is the greatest miracle!

Lord Jesus, thank You for loving me and for dying to pay for all my sins. I need You. Today I repent of my sins and I trust You to be my Lord and Savior. Thank You for Your free gift of eternal life. Use me to be a blessing to others. I will love and follow You. Amen.

Step out in faith and be a blessing to others!

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for
You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment