Friday, October 5, 2012

Stubborn Love



There came a time, when my zealousness for the Lord was just a flicker in the mist. It came about when I decided to seek His will and left a future almost within my reach. Everything turned upside down, an utter enigma engulfed my mind. I was griping at the Lord, why after deciding to follow Him completely, everything seemed to turn against me. Stress, then depression was so fast superseding each other, pulling me down even to the point of losing interest in life. 

I wanted to let go of my faith already. But that faith, pinch size as it was, would not let loose. I gave in to that tiny voice of that faintly almost unfelt yet adamant faith in me, then the Lord showed me to deal with my hurts, frustrations, hard feelings, grudges and unforgiveness. I recommitted myself to Him. Surrendered all issues of my heart and asked for forgiveness for my shortcomings. God is so good, His mercy really never fails. In  this segment of my life I realized how the love of God, so strong, so much so that no matter how minute a hope or faith remains in our heart it can still overtake our grief,  our most despondent situation. The love of God is so great and stubborn, no matter how hard stricken we are with hopelessness,even  if we decided to let go, He would not. - “... I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”- Romans 8:38-39. 

He would see us through. He will restore and take us to the road of recovery constantly staying by our side holding us with His faith towards victory. - “... in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.”- Romans 8:37


No comments:

Post a Comment