Thursday, August 20, 2015

Only in Jesus, we can truly find rest.



Matthew 11:27-29

27"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.29"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.…


Psalm 62:5 

5My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. 6He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.

When we come to God as a Father, we must remember that he is Lord of heaven and earth, which obliges us to come to him with reverence as to the sovereign Lord of all; yet with confidence, as one able to defend us from evil, and to supply us with all good.

-Matthew Henry


I draw my strength from You alone, my LORD, when my heart gets tired of striving and my hope seems losing, I refresh my zeal with your word, for in You, hope never fades, in You, my life has a sure direction, in You, I can find peace and rest for my soul. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment