Thursday, September 20, 2012

Forgive One Another...



I am naturally a sensitive person, so I get hurt easily. I take offense deeply. I give sympathy so easily, but once felt slight offense I could hardly get over the pain in my heart. Oftentimes I sulk in my room, but once in a while I explode and get back at the person.

But I learned to live by His mercy and so rest in His grace whenever I get derogated. I seek His forgiveness to overwhelm me so that I may be able to pour out the same mercy toward the people who had inflicted pain in me.

Part of loving people regardless how they are to us is constant forgiveness. God is ever wise; He wants us to learn forgiveness for more than one reason that will all benefit us. Nurtured offense in our heart causes illness in our body, literally, holding grudge in our heart results in stress. We all know how stress could deteriorate our health little by little as it progresses rooting up in our immune system as much as in our emotions. The Lord wants to free us from silent fatal effect of stress. He wants us to experience fullness of joy that only He can impart to us. However if unforgiveness continues to dominate us, God would not be able to reach out to us hence His promise of healing could not operate in us as well. Moreover, resentment can overpower our way of thinking and thus direct our attitude, consequently adverse effect  shall exact a toll from our life , all the more causing us to slip away from the covering of God against difficulties.

So by forgiving we help ourselves first and foremost. Taunting of unfairness, of being violated may be dealt with by lifting up to the Lord and surrender our wound to Him for healing. By doing so, our protection will be secured in His faithful promise- Malachi 4:2 “But for you who obey me, my saving power will rise on you like the sun and bring healing like the sun's rays. You will be as free and happy as calves let out of a stall.”


Ref:
Hold a Grudge, Hurt Your Health
The Poison of Unforgiveness
By Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment